Sunday, February 03, 2013

How I Scored UFC 156


Hey guys,

Last night I ran into some personal issues, so I couldn't score the fights live via twitter, LUCKILY for me, I got to see the fights this morning having no idea who won any of them. Here is how I scored Lil Nog vs. Rashad Evans and Jose Aldo vs Frankie Edgar:


Lil Nog vs. Rashad Evans 

Round 1:
10-9: Rashad Evans takes the first round, even though I would give the slight edge 
in the stand up department to Lil Nog. The Takedown of Rashad, with the dirty boxing was probably the most effective in the round.

Round 2:
10-9: Lil Nog wins the second round by a landslide... he had the more effective striking, he threw more, and more importantly he LANDED more. Also, I like how he stopped the takedown attempt.

Round 3: 
10-9 Lil Nog.... in a round where not a lot of damage is scored, you have to give it to the fighter that stayed the busiest... Lil Nog threw more and landed more EFFECTIVE strikes.

Nitroblitz gives this fight  29-28 to Lil Nog.
UFC Judges Unanimously score it the same.


Jose Aldo vs. Frankie Edgar

Round 1:
10-9: Both fighters were in the "feeling out" process... but Jose landed more, so I'm giving this round to Jose Aldo.

Round 2:
10-9: Aldo... Knocked Frankie down 2x with leg kicks... and landed the more effective striking. However Frankie is starting to connect.

Round 3:
10-9: Edgar takes this round, I'm giving this to him because of the Leg Kicks and the fact that he was constantly bringing the pressure.

Round 4: 10-9 Edgar wins that round due to the fact that he was the busier fighter. Also, the Slam, mixed with the knees to the legs.

Round 5: 10-9 Edgar he landed more and stayed busier.

Nitroblitz scores the fight 48-47 for Frankie Edgar
Judges score it 49-46, 49-46, and 48-47 for Jose Aldo
Post a Comment